Wednesday 6 April 2011

SummersRadio™ Rare Remix! Kate Bush!

SummersRadio™ Rare Remix! Kate Bush - 'King Of The Mountain' (Kick Inside Remix) If I may indulge... the last 24 hours have been largely craptacular - although two cool things did happen. The first occurred last night when I first heard about - and got to listen to - Kate Bush's new 'Director's Cut' of 'Deeper Understanding' which is posted below.

I had no idea that it was coming out - and it's two minutes longer than the original - and more experimental - like something from 'The Dreaming' or 'Hounds Of Love' - I love it! I must confess that when I first heard what sounded like autotune (the devil - if ever there was one) I was suddenly very afraid, but then it distorts and goes into separate harmonies and it's just beautiful.

The other good thing was that I saw this abandoned plant in the parking garage - which I quickly adopted. It needs to be repoted (Is that a word? It is now!) post haste, but it's awesome!

Anyway, to further celebrate the release of the new Kate Bush 'reworks' I thought what better time to also post not only my favorite Kate Bush remix - but also one of my favorite remixes of all time! (partly as it's such a remarkable transformation) 'King Of The Mountain' is from her 2005 release 'Aerial' - which was then her first album in twelve years! Although it was a double cd in two parts, 'King Of The Mountain' was the first and only single released from the album.

This 'Kick Inside Remix' was released on a very limited run of white label 12" singles. If you have it, or if you're lucky enough to find a copy of this on vinyl, may I suggest that you play it with the tempo slowed way down - Stoner House™ style?! It starts with a nice tech house feel - but then it unexpectantly starts to transform around 4:30 to 5 minutes in - and then a minute later it's pretty much full on acid house/ techno Kate Bush - AMAZING! If you know nothing of Kate Bush just listen to this song and the one posted below and I suspect that the odds are pretty good that you'll want to hear more!

I'm not really a fan of videos with the full lyrics popping up - I mean I'm huge on quality lyrics, but I find lyrics in giant letters rather distracting - and it can also take away from the subtlety of great lyrics. However, this clip also features some amazing photographs of the always lovely Kate -  and wonderful moments of slow fades and strange blackness - that adds to this remix's already trippy nature! This is Kate Bush - 'King Of The Mountain' - the 'Kick Inside Remix'... Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment