Friday 29 April 2011

SummersRadio™ Classic! Bent!

SummersRadio™ Classic! Bent - 'Magic Love' So apparently there was a wedding today - did you hear about it? Honestly, I can't believe the amount of coverage that this event has received - we have a very important national election here in Canada on Monday - and even so, this wedding is receiving far more coverage!

Now I'm not big on royalty - or any type of figurehead - and I find it completely ridonkulous that the British taxpayers have to help foot the bill for this. However I wouldn't deny Prince William any happiness after the tragedy he had to endure at such a young age. So with all the overblown hoopla aside then, I wish them well... Cheers!

I've actually had another Bent tune swimming around my head the last couple days (for unrelated reasons) which I will post shortly, but this one seemed more appropriate to begin today with. Bent are an electronic duo consisting of Neil Tolliday and Simon Mills and they are indeed quite British - hailing from Nottingham. They formed in 1999 and have released four studio albums, a best of collection, and a number of dj mix albums. 'Magic Love' is a single released from their second album called 'The Everlasting Blink' - which was released in 2003. 

There was initially quite a mystery around who sang the vocals on this track - but it was later revealed to be Toni Tennille from the massively popular 70's duo The Captain and Tennille! Here's another little known fact about Toni Tennille - she sang back up vocals on Pink Floyd's 'The Wall'! I've always thought she was kinda cool anyway, and now knowing that she did the vocals on this song - and sang on 'The Wall' - only makes her that much cooler to me! Enjoy...!

No comments:

Post a Comment