Friday 18 November 2011

SummersRadio™ New Music/ Remix! The Ting Tings/ Bag Raiders!

SummersRadio™ New Music/ Remix! The Ting Tings - 'Silence' (Bag Raiders Remix) If someone asked me this morning what the odds were of me posting the new Ting Ting's single today, I would have responded with something like 'I don't forsee that happening' - as I haven't exactly been a fan of the band. They're a bit too top 40 sounding for my liking - it's like they're trying far too hard to be super hooky but they just come off as too repetitive instead. I haven't been a fan of singer Katie White's shouty talk/ rap vocal style either - no offence if you're a fan of course.

However, I am a fan of Sydney's Bag Raiders so I had to check out this new remix and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised - very surprised. Naturally the Bag Raiders production is top notch as usual - but also Katie White actually sings on this track - and her voice is really quite lovely when she's not trying to sound like a bratty teenager!

'Silence' looks set to be the second single (following 'Hands' which was released in October) from The Ting Ting's forthcoming as yet untitled second album, which is slated for release in January. So is this a sign of a more mature sound for the band? Time will tell. For now here's the excellent uplifting 'Bag Raiders Remix' of 'Silence'... Enjoy!



You 'like'?™ Become a fan of SummersRadio™'s Facebook fan page here:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/SummersRadio/199636386720349

No comments:

Post a Comment