Thursday 3 February 2011

SummersRadio™ New Music! Alex Metric & Steve Angello!

SummersRadio™ New Music! Alex Metric & Steve Angello - 'Open Your Eyes' (Original Mix) I actually first posted this song last September (via the SummersRadio™ Facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=366897324071), but then when I wanted to repost it during my Best Of 2010 listings all I could find was a preview snippet - and I don't like snippets!

Someone had obviously posted the song well before it was time, as it's only been released exclusively on Beatport this week - and even now it's only available in certain countries - and still not in Canada! Regardless, London's Alex Metric and Stockholm's Steve Angello have created a club masterpiece. With it's many varied sounds and tempo changes it manages to sound like a whole night full of great music in just over 7 minutes! 

I've been a fan of Alex Metric's work for many years and although I find some of Steve Angello's music a bit too mainstream for my taste, this is a good pairing - a nice mix of underground and popular sounds - I particularly like the Daft Punk-y part about 2:15 in... Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment