Sunday 3 July 2011

SummersRadio™ Classic! Electronic!

SummersRadio™ Classic! Electronic - 'The Patience Of A Saint' I mentioned the band Electronic in yesterday's Stop Modernists post - and how two of the three songs that Neil Tennant sang on were singles. Well this is the third - which SHOULD have been released as a single - a witty duet between New Order's Bernard Sumner and the Pet Shop Boys Neil Tennant - not to mention featuring the Smith's Johnny Marr - I mean, how cool is that?!

I always wished that remixes had been made of this song - but they never were. There's still time though - Electronic's self titled debut album was released in 1991 - they could easily release a 20th anniversary edition with all new remixes - I'm talking to you EMI!

Despite it's apparent destiny to remain a relatively unknown album track, part of what makes this song so great are the sardonic lyrics. Some of my favorite lines are 'And if I drove a faster car, I'd drive it bloody well' and 'Why should I care? I'd rather watch drying paint'. This is 'The Patience Of A Saint'... Enjoy!



Become a fan of SummersRadio™'s new Facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/SummersRadio/199636386720349

No comments:

Post a Comment