Friday 24 December 2010

SummersRadio™ Best Of 2010! Luxury Bob!

SummersRadio™ Best Of 2010! Luxury Bob - 'Really Nice Guy' Luxury Bob are an indie-folk-pop act from Toronto. 'Really Nice Guy' first appeared as a demo on a Hi-Hat Recordings label compilation last year. The finished version and video was released in February of this year - the first time I posted this was actually Valentine's Day! It was fitting as it's a tale of a girl falling in love - but with a slight twist - as the object of her affection is a homeless man.

So I'm posting it now because it's definitely one of my most favorite songs of 2010 - but of course it's also Christmas Eve. I've only posted two holiday songs thus far this year - Eric Idle's 'Fuck Christmas' and The Vandals 'Hang Myself From The Tree' so that gives you an idea of my feelings on all the hoopla! It's not the day itself per se - it's the fact that we're brainwashed with it for two months prior year after year - and let's face it - a lot of people just aren't really into it or don't celebrate it at all. However, one good thing that comes out of the season is sort of the reminder for all of us to be thankful for what we have - and to remind us to help out those who have not. The homeless gent in this video is played by Vancouver punk and alternative rock legend Art Bergmann. 'Really Nice Guy' will be featured on Luxury Bob's new album called 'in flagrante delico' which is due out in the new year. I love the all the lyrics in this song - but my favorite line is 'he lights up when I mention music' - so do I... Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment