Saturday 20 November 2010

SummersRadio™ Special Request! Siouxsie & The Banshees!

SummersRadio™ Special Request! Siouxsie & The Banshees - 'Dear Prudence' So earlier today I 'happened' to see a member of the SummersRadio™ Facebook group and he grunted something to the effect of 'your blog needs Siouxsie & The Banshees!'. I muttered something about how I like posts to be relevant and connect - in multiple ways. But then I thought... part of the inspiration of this FB group/ blog was my stint at Coast 800/1040 back in the day. For those who didn't know and/ or were still wearing diapers - it was Vancouver's first 'modern rock' station. Such a sound has also been described as 'alternative' or 'indie rock' or 'cock rock' - no, scratch that last one - I don't dig that kind of music.

Anyway I hosted the all night show appropriately titled 'The All-Night All-Request Affair' - driven by requests that people would call in. Yes, this is what people used to do before the internets and texting came along! :) So I thought how could I not accept the first blog request I've had?! So as far as relevance goes... by far the biggest music industry announcement this week was the fact that Beatles recordings were available from itunes for the first time ever! After 30 years of legal disputes between Apple Computers and Apple Corp. (owned by the Beatles) they've decided to give peace a chance! There is hope for the Middle East. So it may be unconventional, but that's how I roll - let us celebrate with one of my most favorite Beatles covers - Siouxsie & The Banshee's 'Dear Prudence' - for Donny... Enjoy!

p.s. please join my Facebook group at: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=366897324071


No comments:

Post a Comment