Sunday 7 November 2010

SummersRadio™ New Remix! Metric!

SummersRadio™ New Remix! Metric - 'Twilight Galaxy' (Dave LeBon Remix) I must say that I think that artists having remix contests is one of the best new things to happen to the music scene in some time. Everybody wins - regardless of who wins! Remixers get a chance to show their skills - the band gets all kinds of new perspectives on their songs - often from a full spectrum of sub-genres. Then when they release a collection of them we get a chance to buy the top quality chosen winners, and then on top of that there's all kinds of other remixes out there that you can download.

And so it is with Metric and their current contest to remix tracks from their 'Fantasies' album. There's a tonne of mixes out there so there's a lot to wade through to find the most postworthy ones. I love Metric so it's a challenge not to post one everyday - this is only my third in as many weeks! So far I've gone with Krusha's remix of 'Help I'm Alive' and the awesome DJ JMP remix of 'Stadium Love'. There's another mix of 'Twilight Galaxy' currently making the rounds on the big blogs by The Gripp, but I like this one more. This is the Dave LeBon Remix - quite suitable for a laid back semi-sunny Sunday afternoon! 'I'm higher than high Lower than deep'... Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment