Tuesday 31 January 2012

SummersRadio™ New Music! Soko!

SummersRadio™ New Music! Soko - 'First Love Never Die'/ 'I Thought I Was An Alien'/ 'You Have A Power On Me'  

Soko is releasing her debut album called 'I Thought I Was An Alien' on February 20th! Stephanie Sokolinski aka Soko is a French singer and actress currently based in Los Angeles. She released her first EP called 'Not Sokute' in 2007 - which contained five tracks including 'I'll Kill Her' which became a number one hit in Denmark, and was also popular in Australia and other parts of Europe.

'I Thought I Was An Alien' is her first full length album - featuring 15 tracks - and it will be released on the Because Music label. Soko's already made a number of exceptional videos for songs that will be featured on 'I Thought I Was An Alien' - and we'll take a look at three of them today. 

Soko cites Daniel Johnston, Elliot Smith, The Magnetic Fields and Belle & Sebastian as some of the artists she enjoys and notes 'My depression.' under her influences. You can learn more about her on her Facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/soko?sk=info 

While some of her songs are indeed tales of lost love and loneliness - she also has others that are chocked full of sweet romance and humor. 'First Love Never Die' - is a song about the one love that we will always remember - our first. This song's video proves that you don't need millions of dollars, a parade of costume changes, explosions, and a hoard of backup dancers to make a great music clip.

This is the heartwarming video for the seventh song on her forthcoming album called 'First Love Never Die'... Enjoy!



This is the video for the title track from 'I Thought I Was An Alien' - a tale of alien romance shot by Soko and Spike Jonze entirely on her iPhone... Enjoy!



This is Soko's newest video, released earlier this month for the closing track on the album - this is 'You Have A Power On Me'... Enjoy!



'You like?'™ Become a fan of SummersRadio™'s Facebook page here:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/SummersRadio/199636386720349

No comments:

Post a Comment