Wednesday 8 June 2011

SummersRadio™ New Remixes! Depeche Mode!

SummersRadio™ New Remixes! As you may have noticed by my enthusiasm for the new Depeche Mode remix album in previous posts - I am a longtime Mode fan! Clearly I'm not the only one, as the April 7th post of Alex Metric's remix of 'Personal Jesus' sits at number 1 on my most viewed posts - with a very comfortable lead over all the others in the top 10! And here we are two months later - and 'Remixes 2: 81-11' is finally released!

So today we shall celebrate with 2 more of the new 2011 remixes - including one which isn't even on the cd! I was checking out today's new releases on itunes earlier and noticed that they list 39 tracks for the 'Deluxe Version' - which is the equivalent of the 3cd set. But the cd has 37 tracks... first I noticed that there's an edited version of Alex Metric's remix of 'Personal Jesus' - but unless it's radically different who really wants an edited version?! Then I saw the other additonal track - not just an edit, but another brand new 2011 remix! 'Master And Servant' (RSS Remix) is a remix exclusive to itunes - and the good news is that there's none of the 'album purchase only' restrictive nonsense that itunes occasionally uses to screw it's customers with! So if you plan on buying the physical cd like myself you can download this one exclusive remix on it's own. And if that's not good enough news I must also say that it's an awesome remix - it even has some squelchy acid techno bits in it!

This is the new 'RSS Remix' of 'Master And Servant'... Enjoy!



Another one of the new remixes that I was eager to hear - but it wasn't posted anywhere on the interweb yet - was the Joebot remix of 'A Question Of Time'. Well it's surfaced now of course - here's the 'Joebot Presents "Radio Face" Remix'... Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment